Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas time 2012

Christmas was definitely more fun this year because Gavin gets "it".  We did Elf on the Shelf and an ornament that counted down the days until Christmas.  It was fun waking up every morning to see what "Elf on the Shelf" got into.  Yes.  That is what Gavin wanted to name his Elf on the Shelf.  I don't know where he gets his creativity!  Elf was mostly pretty mischievous this year making messes for me almost every day!




Gavin had fun picking out a Christmas tree and decorating it.  It wasn't uncommon for him to wear his Santa hat around and insist that you wear one too.  I love his Christmas spirit.



Nana, Paw Paw and Aunt Michelle came over one day to help decorate cookies and listen to Christmas music.  That really was so much fun!






Christmas was at our new house this year, which was great! Gary and I were up at 4:45 AM...I think because we were just excited!  Emaline woke up first Christmas morning, and Gary went to get her.  I heard Gavin get up, and I ran upstairs in excitement.  When I got upstairs, Gavin was in Emaline's room just hangin' out.  I grabbed him and hugging him trying to infuse some excitement!  We came downstairs, he opened the door to the study, and saw the huge jeep Santa left him.  He said, and I quote, "Oh, wow.  EM!  LOOK WHAT SANTA BROUGHT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  After showing Emaline her gift, he finally got excited about his.  I think it took a minute to process.  I'm pretty sure this jeep was bigger than he expected.  Once he got it outside, he didn't want to come in for anything!  Not even to open more presents.  Nothing topped the jeep that day, and he is still telling everyone what Santa brought him for Christmas.

We had brunch at our house.  We had way to much delicious food! The morning was like a whirlwind...we ate, opened presents and then everyone disappeared...except Michelle and Leonard who, by the way, announced that they are expecting in August! It was a great time and over too soon.  But, the great thing about being so close to family is that we don't have to wait for special occasions to get together!












No comments:

Post a Comment