Monday, January 11, 2010

Holidays 2009

It's been a while since I posted and one of the reasons is my new camera...the awesome camera Gary got me for Christmas! It's a Canon Rebel, and it rocks! Only, I didn't know how to download pictures from it. I don't think the computer knows what to think of this new addition. Nevertheless, I downloaded pictures and can proceed with my blog...

So...Christmas was a bit hectic. We had our Christmas here the Tuesday before Christmas (and the night before we left for New Orleans). It was very quite and intimate. Just the way we wanted it. We woke up early the next morning and hit the road for New Orleans. I spent most of the trip in the back seat trying to entertain Gavin. He was such a trooper! The drive was going so well until we hit Baton Rouge. We were stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. I'm not even kidding you. That hour and a half put us in New Orleans for rush hour traffic. Not fun.
Once we were there, the hecticness continued. It's mildly to moderately stressful being at someone else's house with your baby, dog and husband. Not only do you have to deal with everyday issues, you have to deal with it at someone else's house while trying to help with cleaning and cooking for Christmas dinner. It was still a great time. It was great to hang out with my sister, brodder, nephew, niece, mom, Michelle and Leonard on Christmas Eve. It was also so great to hang out with Ellie's family on Christmas Day. Jan (Ellie's sister) has a beautiful house and had a beautiful Christmas dinner! On Saturday, we headed over to the northshore (again) to visit Gary's friends, Brad, Brandie, Emma and Kyle. I can't believe how big those kids are getting!!!
Fantastic matching p.j.'s from yours truly...
Gavin and Jack trying to eat the same sock. I don't get it. Why do they both love to eat socks?My brother-in-law. You have to know him to think this picture is funny. On second thought, no you don't!!! Hahaha!
And...you have to know Ellie to know why this picture is funny...
Gavin's P.J.'s that Gary got him. Gavin opening presents...

Sweet Emma...
And her brother, Kyle. Why is that dinosaur eating a candy cane? Did they have candy canes in prehistoric times? Does that make candy canes prehistoric? Fossils? I digress...



We drove back to Dallas on Sunday. It was a hellacious. Gavin pooped 4 times!!! I know, TMI. But, we had to stop 4 times to change him. And, he was tired of being in the car. We made it home pretty quickly!! Then...back to work.

Wednesday, Beth surprised me with the news that her and Joey were driving up to see us!! Yayayayayay! They drove up Thursday night, we toasted and rang in the new year, and then went to bed. We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, making s'mores, and going to dinner at Tillman's (still one of my favorite places!) It was a great time! They drove back home on Sunday :(

It was a hectic, but great holiday. I can't wait till next year when Gavin is older and "gets" it a little bit more. I think next Thanksgiving, we might try to meet our family in Arkansas. A shorter drive and no Baton Rouge.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had such a nice holiday - despite the stress of it all! We were sad to miss you in Dallas! Hopefully we will see you soon! Give all the boys a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete