Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ice, ice, baby...

Gary and I both had this Friday off, and we had a babysitter, so we went on a date! First, we went to the Gaylord Texan for the Ice exhibit. The theme of the ice exhibit was "The Grinch" by Dr. Seuss. They gave us these fantastic parkas at the entrance, which REALLY came in handy! I mean...they told us it would be 9 degrees, but I think that's hard to wrap your head around when you grow up in the South! The parkas kept us really warm...gloves would have come in handy.
The ice sculptures were really amazing.

Gary's alter ego...
We had fun hanging out together, but we were ready to get the heck out of this icy tent! We finished the day with some yummy sushi at Kona Grill and a little bit of shopping. It was a great day! I enjoyed being able to reconnect with my hubby and eating/shopping without rushing!


No comments:

Post a Comment