Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Taken for granted...

Ever heard that saying, "you never know what you have until it's gone?" I started thinking about that as it applies to my life. Each stage of my life seems to get so much better, but their are things I realize that I took for granted. Here are some things I came up with:

The top 5 things I took for granted in New Orleans:
1. Being around my family
2. Good food and great company
3. The culture and history
4. Wearing flip flops, a t-shirt and torn jeans to the mall without getting stared at.
5. Night life

The top 3 things I took for granted about being single (I could only come up with 3):
1. Not shaving (and not feeling bad about not shaving)
2. Eating oatmeal cookies for dinner
3. Full control of the remote

The top 5 things I took for granted about living in an apartment:
1. POOL!!!
2. No grass to cut
3. Having carpet in the winter
4. No remodeling required
5. $5 Pizza night

The top 5 things I took for granted before having a baby:
1. Sleep-duh!
2. Holding hands with my husband
3. Working out
4. Christmas parties, happy hour, movies, dinners, etc.
5. Spontaneous trips...anywhere (Hill Country, Gap, New Orleans, Target)

The top 5 things I WILL miss about having an infant:
1. Nursing him in the mornings
2. Rocking him to sleep
3. The sound of his laughter
4. Getting ridiculously excited about every milestone he reaches
5. Baby breath

I don't have any regrets about my life. Too often, though, life seems to pass by so quickly. I hope from this day on, to cherish everyday and everything, because before you know...it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment