Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Emaline's 1st birthday.

Wow.  This little girl is loved.  Our angel turned one this past Thursday, and she had a busy few days.  On her actual birthday, grandma and GiGi came over with cupcakes for her "smash" session.  She didn't quite know what to do with the cupcake, but she sure was curious.  She crawled over to explore it the minute I put it down.  Pretty soon, she had it all over her hands, her belly and her tutu.  I think she may have gotten a little bit in her mouth.  That afternoon, we ran errands and did what all girls like to do on their birthdays...shop and eat!  We got her a couple of comfy new outfits to play in and ate at BBQ.  Her favorite part of the meal?  The free ice cream, of course. 

On Saturday, her family and close friends came to celebrate her with a piglet party! We had piglets in a blanket, piglet punch, and a piglet cake.  I think she really enjoyed having all of the people she loved around.  As for her cake, I don't know if she ate much of it, but she enjoyed smashing it.

Yesterday we went to her 1 year old appointment.  She is growing well!  She is 23 pounds and 30 inches tall (in the 80th and 75th percentile, respectively).  Doctor said she is a genius, but I think he just means she has a big head.  She's not quite walking yet.  She has taken several steps, but she realizes it's quicker to crawl to catch up with big brother. 

I continue to love Emaline more every day that passes.  She brings her own flavor to our sweet little family.  I told Gary that she is going to do volunteer work in some foreign country one day.  She demonstrates the sensitivity, love and compassion to be an advocate for people or things.  I noticed it the other day while we were playing.  Gavin has this big, green dinosaur from Toy Story.  When you squeeze it, it makes a high pitched, squeaky sound.  Emaline looked at it for a few minutes like she wanted to be scared.  Then, she looked at him with compassion and grabbed him out of my hands to give him a big hug and kiss!  Sweet girl! Maybe I'm reading too much into that.  And if I'm not, I hope she stays local...we don't want to retire in some third world country chasing our humanitarian daughter around!

Happy birthday, Emaline.  Love, Mommy, Daddy, Gavin and Jack





 
 
 
 










 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment