Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's a girl!



We found out  a few weeks ago that we're pregnant with a baby girl!  Gary was right...again.  And I was wrong...AGAIN!  So much for mother's instinct. 

It was great to be around family and have them over for a gender reveal...cupcakes! (thanks for the idea, Erica)  We even FaceTimed Jonathan and Tina back in Dallas.  Everyone is so excited about having a little girl in the family.  I must say, little girl stuff is MUCH cuter than boy clothes.  I already have half a wardrobe...just can't help myself!  Gavin seems excited, too.  He talks to his little sister and tells me he's going to help take care of her. 

She is much more active than Gavin was.  He is pretty laid back, and I'm worried this means she'll be high strung!  Oh well, at least she'll be well dressed.

We have a 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled in a couple of weeks.  I hope she cooperates so we can get a look at her precious little face!  The next thing on the agenda is to name her.  Right now the two names up for discussion are Claire and Emmaline.  Both so adorable!  Maybe we'll wait until we see her on the ultrasound to decide what she looks like.

I feel like I can finally enjoy being pregnant.  This time around has been plagued with morning sickness then a broken wrist!  Got my cast off yesterday (after 6 weeks) and now rehab begins.  I'm still not back to "normal" (and won't be for a while), but I'll work hard to get to where I need to be.  I'm thankful for the love and support of my wonderful husband and family.  Thank God for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment