Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I'm really very bummed that my camera broke, and I have no pictures of Thanksgiving this year!  We had a ton of fun anyway.  Michelle and Leonard hosted Thanksgiving for the first time this year in their new house.  It's really so warm and homey.  We had turkey and dressing, gravy, broccoli and cheese, green bean casserole, carrot mashed potatoes (made by who else??), macaroni and cheese, rolls and a host of desserts!  The weather could not have been more perfect and Gavin played outside with Josh and Alexis a lot.  I really am thankful for so many things...

1.  My WONDERFUL, supportive husband.
2. My amazing little boy.
3.  My smart and well behaved dog.
4. My family in New Orleans who love my babies so much.
5.  A house to live in until we find our own.
6.  My health and the health of those around me.
7.  Cars that work.

I could literally go on and on right down to having air to breath.  It was pretty awesome to drive 20 minutes for Thanksgiving and then 20 minutes back home.  No more 10 hour drives from Dallas!!  Gavin loves having his family around so much.  It's better than I ever expected!

The next day, we left Gavin with GiGi to go to the LSU/Arkansas game with Tina and Jonathan.  They drove down to be with Tina's family in Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving.  We got tickets to the game and watched LSU beat up on the hogs to go undefeated this season!!  I smell another National Championship!  Gavin did great at GiGi's house.  In fact, he didn't want to leave.  Yet another perk of living close to family ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment