Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011


This is was our first holiday since moving to New Orleans.  I found myself missing my pumpkin patch and my neighborhood and my friends.  We found another pumpkin patch close to Gavin's school that wasn't as nice as St. James, but Gavin didn't notice any difference.  He had a blast!  He picked out his small pumpkin right away and had fun running around.





Halloween night, we walked down the street to our neighbors house for their annual Halloween party.  There was food and music and lots of other kids. GiGi, Uncle Danny, Josh, Aunt Michelle and Uncle Leonard were there to celebrate with us.When it got dark, we went trick or treating.  Gavin started to whine a little bit and said he didn't want to go trick or treating...he wanted to go home.  So, I made a deal with him....let's go to one house and if he didn't have fun, we'd go home.  I scooped him up and took his bag.  I walked up to the first door and yelled, "Trick or Treat!" The nice man gave me a generous handful of candy and that's all my little police officer needed to see!  He wriggled out of my arms, grabbed his bag, and took off running up the street!  Without hesitation, he walked up to the doors and yelled, "Trick or treat!!!!"  He couldn't get enough. He wanted to go house to house getting all the candy he could!  He had so much fun! Of course, he wanted to eat all of his candy in one night, so we had to temper ourselves.








We had a blast!  It really is nice to be surrounded by family! And Gavin is finally at the age that this stuff is so much fun for him.  I'm really excited about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment