Gary and I were sitting in the Denver airport waiting for our flight home. We got here on Wednesday afternoon for a little mommy/daddy getaway. NaNa came in on Monday to spend the week with Gavin and give us a chance to get away. Gary has always loved Denver and wanted me see it, so here we are. It's a really cool town! It was really cold, though. I feel like we would have seen and done a little bit more if it wasn't so cold. Here are some observations I made about the city of Denver:
1. People are under dresses. It was brrrrrr freezing and some people had on shorts or just dressed in a sweatshirt.
2. People are extremely friendly. People in Dallas are generally friendly, but people in Denver are pretty amazing.
3. There is a Starbucks every 1-2 blocks, seriously.
4. They have some old, pretty buildings.
5. Driving in the mountains is scary. We were going to drive to Boulder just to see it. I suggested having dinner out there, but driving back at night was too intimidating.
Overall, it was an amazing experience. I had a great time with Gary, even doing nothing. It was great to reconnect and pay attention to each other with no distractions.