Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pow Wow...

My mom and sister came in town this weekend. I saw that there was a Pow Wow in Grand Prairie, and I know my mom loves that stuff! So...I decided to take my mom and sister to the Pow Wow on Saturday...in the pouring rain! It took us twice as long to get there because I drove like an old lady on Sunday going to Luby's after church! By the time we got there, it was almost over. But, we still saw some pretty impressive, er, Pow Wow'ing? Anyway, there was one young man (and I do mean young) that stood out in the crowd. Everyone wanted a picture with him, not excluding my mom and sister. Reminding them that he was jail bait, I took the picture.

I had some interesting food there, too. We got something called an Indian taco. It was basically fry bread (think giant, flat beignet) with pinto beans, ground meat, lettuce, tomato and cheese plopped on top. It was pretty good. They also had meat pies. I did not buy a meat pie because the lady making them was mean to me. I asked her if I could take a picture of her because...well, just because. She said "no" so I took a picture of her hands. She turned to the lady on her right and said, "Geez, I said no, these people!" I wonder if she gets asked for photos a lot. That would surprise me.
We finished up the day shopping for some stuff. I bought my mom a hair thingy and a choker and we called it a day...a pretty fun thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment