I have the most wonderful husband who not only listens to me but wants to talk about everything...his day, his feelings, his dreams! He's sensitive, kind and funny. AND he's handsome! AND he's an exceptional father! And, he adores me...what else could a girl want?
I have the coolest dog, too. He can do all those basic commands every dog knows, but recently I've taught him to help me with the laundry. When I carry clothes from our room to the laundry room, he walks by my side just in case I drop something (I always drop something). Jack happily picks up said dropped item and brings it to the laundry room. Today, I dropped two things. He went and got the shirt that I dropped and then came back with a sock! Isn't that cool?! In October, he is testing to become a therapy dog. We still have a lot of work to do, but his biggest fault is that he LOVES people. I'll take it! I think that makes for an excellent therapy dog. And he loves us. He and Gavin are going to have sooo much fun together!
Then there's my boy. I get teary just thinking about him. He's so cool. He changes in little ways every day. He's starting to sit up on his own and grab for stuff. He's becoming so aware and fascinated with the world around him. Some funny things he's doing lately:
1. When Gary takes a sip of water, Gavin has to have a sip, too. He opens his mouth in anticipation and then loudly slurps water out of Gary's cup.
2. He's learning how things work. The other day I was feeding him, and he grabbed my nose. I let out a loud "HONK". He pulled his hand back and looked pretty stunned. Then, he slowly made his way back to my nose for another honk. He must have done that 12 times!
3. He flirts. If I carry him anywhere, he always finds someone to flirt with him. Yesterday, he smiled at a lady in the checkout line at TJ Maxx. I heard this woman making the weirdest noises and looked back to see what was going on. Gavin had a huge smile on his face and was smiling away!
4. He reaches for Gary. When Gary holds out his arms to pick him up, he reaches out for his dada.
5. He laughs. That is the sweetest sound ever!
The list could go on and on and will probably change every day. I just had to take a minute to sit down and reflect on how cool my life is. I love it!!!