Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gavin's 2nd birthday

It's been a couple of months since Gavin's second birthday, and I haven't blogged about it because I haven't been able to upload pictures to the blog. But, I decided to blog about it now before I forget...will post pictures as I'm able!

Gavin's birthday started the weekend before his actual birthday. The Friday before was like any other Friday...Gavin and I waited for Da Da to come home so we could go out to eat. We decided to wait outside for him and blow some bubbles. He pulled into the driveway, and he had someone in the car with him. It took me about 2 minutes to realize that it was my sister! She flew into Dallas to surprise me and Gavin!! He was soooo excited to see her! He yelled, "GiGi" and ran to the car. He gave her the BIGGEST hug and spent all weekend grabbing her hand saying, "Mon, GiGi". She brought him a bunch of things, including a "fort" and "The Mater Tales" DVD. They spent a lot of the weekend in his tent watching his movie or playing. It was really sad to see her go, but Gavin had so much fun with her.

On Monday, Nana flew in to see Gavin! She spent a couple of days with Gavin and then Gary and I went to Denver. Paw Paw came in on Wednesday to spend time, too. Gavin's party was on Sunday. Initially, his party was going to be a Mickey Mouse party, but by the time it was time for his party, he was into "Cars". So, invitations were Mickey and decorations were cars stuff. He had a great time! He wore his special birthday hat and wanted everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" to him several times. The weather was great, so the kids played outside for a while. It was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment