Saturday, May 22, 2010

Coupon lady

I have become a coupon lady. I am the lady in the check out line that pulls out 20 something coupons while you wait behind me. The only thing that could make it worse would be if I wrote a check. BUT, I have saved a butt load of money doing this...at least 35% of my grocery bill every time I go! Clipping coupons also helps me stay on track. If I have a grocery list and a goal, I am less likely to buy stuff that I don't need. This is important because I am a marketers dream. I will buy most anything "new and improved" or just something I find that's cool. This is especially true for toiletries.

So...for the last 4 weeks, I have been waking up on Sunday mornings to get a newspaper, checking coupons.com, and looking for the best deals in the grocery stores advertisements. I also called grocery stores to see if they double and triple coupons and if they take competitors coupons. What I have found out is that grocery stores double coupons up to $.50 and triple coupons up to $.39. Target does not double or triple coupons, but they are much cheaper on most things anyway. The MOST fun thing ever is when you get a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, and you get stuff for free or very cheap! Why did I just start doing this?!!! Between spending sensibly and clipping coupons, I have saved about $400 this month! That's more money to spend on clothes or shoes or Gavin's college fund! Another perk? I like the attention I get at the grocery store..."Girl, you a good shopper!" Yeah...I'm a good shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment